The Healey Rendezvous is the major annual meeting of our Club.
The Rendezvous is an excellent opportunity to meet fellow enthusiasts, to learn more about the marque, and to get your Healey out on the road.
Features of this 4-5 day event typically include:
- "Gymkhana" and "funkhana" driving events
- Tech sessions where you can learn more about restoring and maintaining your car from acknowledged experts
- Concours judging of cars restored (or maintained) to high standards of originality
- "Popularity car show" where attendees vote for their personal favorites in numerous classes
- Healey-related photo and crafts shows
- Theme dinners
- Awards dinner
- Camaraderie with fellow enthusiasts
The tradition of an annual meet sponsored by our club began in 1975 when about 20 enthusiasts met over Labor Day weekend in Grants Pass, Oregon.
They resolved to make such meetings annual events, and the annual "West Coast Meet" was born.
They also began the East Coast Meet series for our members living in the east. In 1976 our Club organized and sponsored the first-ever visit by Donald Healey, the Austin-Healey's creator, to club events in North America.
In 2000 the name of the event was changed to "Healey Rendezvous" to better reflect the national scope of this event.Our Club was also a sponsor and/or supporter of the four "international" Healey meets held in the USA.
The first of these was at Snowmass, Colorado in 1982;
followed by Breckenridge, Colorado in 1992;
Park City, Utah in 1997;
Lake Tahoe, California in 2002;
Nelson, B.C. in 2006
Richland, WA in 2007.